Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Where Were You?

 Where were you when the world stopped turning?

I was substitute teaching at my high school. I remember the teacher I was subbing for and exactly how her classroom was arranged. The principal came over the intercom and stated for everyone to turn on their televisions to CNN for there was history in the making.  As I sat and watched in disbelief, I was explaining to the students what this meant, for they were naive and had no clue.  And then plane #2 struck the second tower, WOW that is all I could say.  Some of the upper classmen knew what this meant, but the younger ones had no idea what soon would be happening.
I had a night class that evening at WKU and all we did was watch TV, our professor let us out early so we could be with our families.
I will never forget that day.  Just as my parents remember the day JFK was shot.

Photobucket

No comments: