Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Road to 26.2

Some of you may or may not know that I am training for my first Full Marathon!!! Yikes that scares the crap out of me just saying it!  And this winter weather hasn't been the friendliest in the world!!  Most of my runs have been on a treadmill, which is okay up until about mile 8, then the OCD kicks in!!!  My longest run since last April was about 2 weeks ago.  It sure wasn't pretty but I did it.  I was feeling great at mile 10.  My training plan only called for 12 miles, but being the pushy person she is my PIC, BFF Jessica said lets just run a half marathon!!! So I did and that last 1.1 mile about killed me!!!!! My knees were killing me by the time we finished.  We averaged around a 11 minute mile, so it wasn't too bad I guess.

So here is to a few more long days until the BIG ONE...Ky Derby Marathon!!!!  If you are in the area and looking for one to run, it is a really neat race.  The course takes you by some historic and scenic places in downtown Louisville.  To name a few...The YUM Center, home of the UofL Cardinals, the Louisville Slugger museum and factory where the bat is made (neat place, a must see) Uof L campus, and one lap of the infield at Churchill Downs!!! How cool is that!!!!

Anxiously awaiting for April 19!!!!

Are you training for any half or full marathons this spring?




After said 13.1 miles!!!!! Crazy hair and all!!!!!!
Running attire....UnderArmour Infared top and pants, Swiftwick socks, Mizuno Elixirs, Oakley sunglasses, Garmin Forerunner (oldie but goodie)
Photobucket

No comments: