Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Making Our List

Yesterday school was out and I was off work due to the election. I was so glad to be able to be home with the kiddos.  However we didn't stay at home we got out and messed around for most of the day. 

We have been talking about Christmas and what they want, and I have no idea what to get them for Christmas because they have everything.  Of course they say a different toy every day, but something I know they will truly love and want.  Maddie has made no joke about wanting McKenna, the AG girl that is the the gymnast and Carter wants an Ipod, but for their other toys I had no idea.  But lets just get this straight for the price of those 2 items, there won't be much more!!!

So we set out to Toys R Us yesterday to scan the aisles and the shelves of all the toys and to make our list.  Carter had his notebook and pen and so did Maddie.  However it was difficult for Maddie since she is only 4 and really can't spell :). So I took pictures of her items with my phone!  I stressed to them before we left that we were ONLY looking today that no toys would be bought and believe it or not that went really well!

Maddie really loved this chair

She loves to take pictures and mainly of herself, I think this would be a good investment

Carter really loved this Polaris RZR remote control car, and he has been wanting a real one for quite some time.  This was the only one on the shelf. Luckily my Mom was in town and she went by there and bought it for me!!!! So mark one item off the list!!!

Can you see the love for the RZR!!!
He really liked this carrying case for the hotwheels

After our 2 hour adventure in Toys R Us we went to Olive Garden and had some lunch and then came  home.  I don't know about them, but I had a really fun day! I hope it was a memory that they won't soon forget!


I think she really likes this chair!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Courtney said...

What a great idea--those 2 are precious, I know Santa's gonna hook them up:) I've got to get on the ball too!!!

Hali Estes said...

Very clever idea! Santa can't go wrong this way!