Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nashville 10 miler

On Saturday morning I was up bright and early (4:30 urgh) to get ready for my first 10 mile race.  When I first heard about this one, I thought ah this will be a piece of cake, I just ran 13.1 miles last weekend, no problem!!!  So I decided to go. Jessica and I and another running buddy Connie and her sister Sherri tore out to Goodlettsville, TN.  It is about an hour and 30 minute drive from my house.  Saturday morning was a little chilly.  I ran in capris, dri-tech tee and a running jacket that I could pull off and tie around my waist when I got hot.
Connie, Sherri, Me, Jessica before the race
Miles 1-6 was great!!!! I was feeling good, feeling fast, My average pace was 8:59.  Then my aches started to set in. At mile 9 my knee felt like it was going to break into!! I really think that I jumped into a long race 6 days after running a half marathon.  My body, joints, and muscles are not used to that.  I think if I ran that every weekend I would have done fine.  But I finished the race and that is all I care about!!! My time was 1:45:09, not very impressive, but I did it and I finished and I got a Hoodie sweatshirt!!!!
Jessica, Connie , Me Connie after the race...
Jessica got 3rd in her age group and Sherri got 2nd in her group with at time of 1:24:35.. yeah she is fast!!!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Way to go Kelly, you are a brave woman to do that so soon after a half!!